Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Saturday, July 11, 2015

"Laugh Out Loud"....don't you wish we do this more often?



At Tuesday Throwdown this week,
the challenge was
to create a card
without using printed papers.
I was only too delighted to work with my new
Canson mixed media tablet again!
Since I had not yet put away the products I had used
on a previous project ( I know, I know shame
on me for not tidying up immediately
after a project), this card came
together rather quickly.
Hmm..makes me think I should always
leave my work area a little messy.
Oh how I love the freedom of starting
from a blank piece of paper and wondering
where it will take me.
This journey took me to a place of
sweet pansies.
I use to collect them in all forms
and was lucky to find several
vintage post cards from the early 1900's from
a vintage shop years ago before
things like that became in demand and costly too.
 


Need some inspiration?
Visit Tuesday Throwdown here to checkout this weeks challenge
and every week
and see what they
have to offer to perk your creativity.
 
Thanks for visiting....

5 comments:

  1. Your mixed media piece is gorgeous. Love the beautiful textures and embellishments, Thabsk for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This really is a stunning work of art, Joyce.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Joyce, and to think I have one of these to admire in real life! I adore all the sweet tiny details and how you used those vintage pansies....just so pretty....:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely divine ... love the texture and colors x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! I fell in love with it! So beautiful, so tender!

    ReplyDelete