Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Lots of Orange

It's not a color I design with or have in my wardrobe, but lately I've been drawn to the color of orange.  Leslie's Dream paper from Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dream Collection called out my name when I opened the paper package, and I answered the call by creating this layout with the Blue Fern Studios August Sketch.  Interestingly, I found lots of little bits of embellies, buttons, tags, washi tape, and ribbon in this color in my treasure boxes, and those things finally found a home on this layout. 





Close up of the layering stem chipboard by Blue Fern Studios.  I loved this little lacy piece, and wished there was a stamp in this exact design.  So, I did the next best thing and applied some bronze metallic paint on the reverse side of the chipboard and stamped it around my page.  Later, when I affixed the chippie with some glue, I wished I had though to soak the piece in water, split it, and use it for a stamp on future pieces.  Oh well....I know where to get another one.

Here's Michele Singh's August Sketch, designed exclusively for Blue Fern Studios.  I hope you can design with it too.
 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by...see you next time. 

3 comments:

  1. oH MY gosh Joyce, this is a delicate masterpiece. I love orange! You've worked it beautifully. Love the hanging lace look.. just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! The colors are divine and that photo is divine! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine!! I love how you used an unusual color, you did it just beautifully, another great idea from you about using the chipboard as a stamp...brilliant! Just love all the tiny details, especially at the top of the page, great take on the sketch....

    ReplyDelete