Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blue Fern Studios April Sketch Challenge

 
Hello everyone, today I’m sharing the second card I created for my “Women of Substance” card series using the Blue Fern Studios (“BFS”) April Sketch found here (see copy of sketch below).  As explained on a previous blog entry, I’m creating cards of the women on my maternal line of the family to introduce those women to my 20 year old niece and future generations.  The cards are 6x6 in size, and each one will have a picture of the woman, and inside the card I will write a biography for those I knew. For those that I didn’t know, I’ll incorporate some historical events of what it must have been like living during those times so that my niece will know what it was like living before the Smartphone and her Twitter account.  Each card will be mailed to my niece, and I hope she thinks of them as gifts when she receives them.
Here’s Ginger from the 1950’s, I’m certain her hairstyle gave that a way.  All the papers on this card are from the Blue Fern Garden paper collection, including the fussy cutting papers.  Some of the papers were stamped, gesso’d, torn, and stamped some more to add texture and interest to the front of the card.  I have used the “Ever After” frame, and Turkish bit chipboard pieces from BFS. The size of the chipboard frame is just perfect for the 6 x 6 card.  The card was pasted on another piece of Blue Fern Garden paper and a biography written on vellum is attached to the photo corners inside the card.  


Close up of the Ever After frame chippie:


Close up of the Turkish Bits chippie:


Stop by Blue Fern Studios to check out the rules for the April Sketch Challenge and view the prizes too.

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope I have inspired you to use your BFS chipboard and do something similar for those women who came before you and to share some of your family history with your future family.

Blue Fern Garden Papers I used to create the card.









No comments:

Post a Comment