Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Altered Book: Women of Substance - Fifth Entry


Hello everyone.
Today, I'm sharing my fifth entry into my altered book.
I was drawn to the dusty greens in this piece and still had some old
Pink Paislee Butterfly collection papers to work some fussy cutting into
this entry. 
This is Grandma Ruth circa 1929.
I adore how the Prima Flourish stencil work looks so lacy here.
The background was created using gesso, and several layers of stamping 
and more gesso in between the stamping layers, and finally
finished off with the Prima stencil and light molding paste.
 







I'm pleased to see some fellow scrapping/artist have
initiated their altered books too.
Check Natalie and Astrid's altered books:
I adore how Natalie used the same colors throughout her book creating some lovely harmony and continuity. And, Astrid's background works are always so hauntingly dreamy.

Let me know if you've started your altered book so that I may drop by for a visit.
You may view other pages of the altered book by clicking on the Label "Women of Substance."
 

10 comments:

  1. Another stunningly beautiful page!! You certainly have totally inspired me to do my own Joyce, and thanks so much for the thumbs up, I adore your work!! Off to check Natalie's book out now :) Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce this is incredible!!! I love your built up layers of gesso with the stamping in between, it creates some beautiful depth. And the colors and design elements are soooo lovely!! I'm thinking this may be my favorite spread so far, it has a sweetness and lightness and magical quality about it! Although I adore every spread you've done so far! Thank You for referencing my altered book, that is just so wonderfully generous of you, and I appreciate that!! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. With each new page it is always nice. Great work! Love from Germany! Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is truly stunning! Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Joyce! Can't believe how much I've missed, but I'm off to have a scroll around and catch up.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and wonderfully made Joyce, great tribute to your grandma, thanks for sweet comment on my blog.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant and beautiful! Absolutely love the background and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lool, this is wonderful!!!!!!!! thank you for visit on my blog :) with pleasure I follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Joyce,
    What a beautiful palette; Yellow/Green relates such warmth here and co-exists wonderfully with the White gesso.
    Excellent composition, and makes for an eye catching layout on these pages.
    Thanks for your visit to my blog it is so appreciated.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so Stunning I'm at a loss for words! xo

    ReplyDelete