Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Family Treasure

Every family has
a family treasure.
This little one is ours.

I wasn't really sure
where this idea of
using dusty pink and gray colors
was going to take me as
I lay down the
first foundation
of stencil and stamp work.
And, because of that uncertainty, 
it came to mind
that I was either going to 
love it or hate it, there 
was not going to be a middle ground for me.
Turns out fortunately for me,
that I love it. 

I have a hoard of old paper lines that I have not used and the Prima Rondell collection was one of them.  I was pleased that the papers and patterns were going to help me layer patterns and colors, and to tame down that garish pink stencil work that looked so striking alone next to the white paper.

Some close up of the cluster work. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

I can't drive by a beach and not get out and get my feet wet....

A photo to remind me that I was once young and carefree.
To this day, I cannot drive by a beach and
not get out and get
my feet wet.
Still enjoying working with
 my Canson Mixed Media Tablet.
Organized all my brads, pearls and embellies
this weekend. Loving the feeling and
inspiration of organizing my supplies which
then inspire me to create with them.

Below is a close up of some stencil and stamping to help create some interest around the photo.
The papers are Prima's Cigar Rose Secrets.
Below is a little happy accident when I dropped some aqua mist over a red drop. Love it when that happens!

A close up of the sewn beads around a sweet little cluster:

Thank you for stopping by.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

"Laugh Out Loud"....don't you wish we do this more often?

At Tuesday Throwdown this week,
the challenge was
to create a card
without using printed papers.
I was only too delighted to work with my new
Canson mixed media tablet again!
Since I had not yet put away the products I had used
on a previous project ( I know, I know shame
on me for not tidying up immediately
after a project), this card came
together rather quickly.
Hmm..makes me think I should always
leave my work area a little messy.
Oh how I love the freedom of starting
from a blank piece of paper and wondering
where it will take me.
This journey took me to a place of
sweet pansies.
I use to collect them in all forms
and was lucky to find several
vintage post cards from the early 1900's from
a vintage shop years ago before
things like that became in demand and costly too.

Need some inspiration?
Visit Tuesday Throwdown here to checkout this weeks challenge
and every week
and see what they
have to offer to perk your creativity.
Thanks for visiting....

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fiber, Stencil and some Bling

has this lovely
mixed media sketch for their sketch challenge.
You can find the information for the sketch challenge here. 

Trying something new on
my new 
 Canson's 9 x 12
Mixed Media tablet.
I'm enjoying adding 
fibers instead of printed papers
to my recent projects, and there
are so many colors, and variety
of fibers out there in our 
fabric stores to choose from.

In this weeks mail, 
I received 
the wonderful gift of the
Kaisercraft "Arty" stamp
from my arty scrapping Muse.
This inspired me to 
create this page. I adore how the
texture stamp fills in the small spaces with
texture and interest. I'm already
thinking of other ways to use this stamp. 
Loving that Two Crafty Leaf chippy too. The surface
is the perfect size to add some crackle paste.

Close up of the wonderful fiber.
I wish I had some in every 
color of the 
Until next time.....


Saturday, June 13, 2015

Fifty Shades of White

A fellow scrapping artists named
my recent posts
created with white backgrounds
and various colors as
"Fifty Shades of White."
I chuckled at that comment, and
found it endearing.
Here's another rendition of Fifty Shades of White
using inks, chalks and a stencil to
work in a subtle background.

A close up of a Blue Fern Studios bird chipboard treated with white crackle and a small script stamp.

A close up of the very small cluster work.
Thanks for dropping by. 

Monday, May 25, 2015

As I was organizing my stash of stamps,
I came across a little stash of odds and ends and
snips of fabric with metallic embroidery, beads and sequins.
The snips are small but are very inspiring.

Above is a close up of the inspiring fabric.

Oh, don't I wish a had a larger piece of the ornate fabric.
The above sketch from Scrap Club was the basis of my composition.  The sketch
challenge ended on May 19th.  Too late to enter this page, but never too late
to post on my blog.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Heaven Sent

The trilogy is complete with this last photo.
I love the control you get when using inks and a sponge applicator
over a stencil.  A layout can be completed quickly with just
some stamping and stencil work.

I used my new Fiskar feather punch to create the sweet little feathers above. I wanted something light and lacy to insert under the photo and achieved that with some velum paper, a flower punch, and some silver colored Liquid Pearls to trace around the shape of the petals.
I finally used my LaBlanche scissor stamp!  Here you can see it under the flowers on top of the stencil work placed on the photo. I adore the ornate portion of the scissors, and hope to use it in a different way on a future project.
All chipboard is from Blue Fern Studios.
Thank you for looking.