Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Monday, November 3, 2014

Altered Book: Women of Substance - Fourth Entry

I'm making some progress in filling up the pages in my altered book. 
I'm keeping with the vintage look throughout the book and am maintaining some continuity by using the Prima flourish stencil.  Thank goodness the stencil has so many interesting elements to work with.

I used some glossy gel medium and some colored mist to create my own dimensional paint on the stencil.



Here's a close up of a flower that was salvaged from a mixed media project gone wrong.  Its worked out well for this page.  The colors of plum don't show up too well on these pictures, but the color is richly saturated on the original pages.



Here's what the two pages side by side look like.



A view of the journal page:


Thanks for stopping by to check on the progress and keep your fingers crossed for me that I will be able to create four more pages to complete this book.


8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Such a great work! I'm really impressed. Autumn Greetings from Germany. Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks totally amazing!!
    Stunning stencilwork in combination with beautiful use of colour! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pages! Thank you for sharing and looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow ... so dreamy and exquisite , loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the soft yet rich colors xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning entry in your book! I do love those beautiful soft colors, and the continuity of the stencil throughout the different pages!! Natalie
    (you asked if anyone else had a book they were working on, and to let you know where you might find them. well, I am going to be brave and direct you to my blog which has my book that I'm working on posted. Sending YOU to look at the book is a BIG leap for me, scary, but.....any suggestions would be appreciated! (therememberinggarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly gorgeous - what colours!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete