Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Valentine Junk Journal


Hello Friends!

It’s time for another Junk Journal Share.

Soft sweet colors of blush, pink, cream and charcoal are incorporated in this journal using designer papers such as Kaiser Craft and Prima.  In a recent treasure haul at a local thrift shop, I found some lovely linen and doilies.  I used one linen piece as the cover page, and I affixed some Wonder Under which is a fabric adhesive and it worked wonderfully on the linen and paper.  I’ve said it before… I’m not a “Cover Girl” in every sense of those words. I struggle with creating them.  When I’m done with the inside of the journal, I want to move on to the next project.  And, this is why my covers are so simple in terms of design.  The most frilly part of the cover is the paper tab made out of designer paper, sari silk ribbon, embroidery threads and a lovely intricate designed button.  I so enjoy creating these paper tabs and no two are alike.  

This journal has more journal papers to write on.  Not all of the journaling papers are included in the YouTube video…after you have seen one or two, the rest are pretty much the same. There are 76 pages including both inside covers, and the little paper bag, and security envelope.

Here are  few more pictures and if you like what you see and want to see more, you may find this journal on my YouTube Channel:






2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful and elegant touches! I could just watch the videos of your beautiful journals all day. Thank you for sharing.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifull, love all the pages and the use of different papers.... Thanks for showing!!!!

    ReplyDelete