Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Monday, January 1, 2018

White Kraft Envelopes with Long Flaps for Junk Journal Journalists

Happy New Year Friends!
I got a little me time over the  holidays 
to start working on a 
Reflections Junk Journal.
I so adore those White Kraft Envelopes
with Long Flaps for 
Junk Journalists.
These envelopes can be purchased at



The journal pages are 4.5 by 6.5 inches and 
you can see that the
white kraft envelopes fit fine on this page size.
The paper quality of these envelopes worked well with
the coffee dying process.
I chose to use a moist coffee filter with the wet grounds still
in the filter.  I then punched the filter down on top of
each envelope until I arrived at the desired appearance. 
A Tim Holtz stencil and Vintage Photo Distressed Ink pad were used
to create more interest as well at some stamping too.
Of course, I had to alter them with some mixed media elements to 
make them shine. 
I hope I have inspired you to use these envelopes in a new way in
your junk journal. 
Unfortunately, I did not buy enough of these envelopes
so I will be purchasing more soon. 
Thank you for viewing with me!



3 comments:

  1. Love these! I am going to dig mine out. Thanks for the great inspiration.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, as always! Thank you for all the inspiration. -Denise @ A Tattered Dream :)

    ReplyDelete