Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Light Seeker

I am a Light Seeker which is a student of Laly Mille’s Art. 
In a short time, I have learned many new techniques in her class
and about some amazing art products too.
My class mates are seasoned artist and so very inspiring,
I feel so humble being amongst them and learning from them too.

I am sharing my version of the Winter’s Tale canvas.
This exercise was all about light, contrasts and shadows
I used an old 1920 photo of my grandmother as a child. 
I didn’t expect the color in the black and white photo
to take on a green hue when I applied
the faux encaustic.
  Once the green hue revealed itself,
I then chose to add the color in my canvas.











Thanks for letting me share this journey with you.
  I hope to share more exercises with you as I continue my art classes with Laly.





1 comment: