Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Muse (Featured at C'est Magnifique Sketch Challenge)



I've been out of sync for quite awhile and needed a little jump start to warm me up to get me scrapping again. It warmed my heart when I saw Nadia's (Nadia Cannizzo) sketch on the C'est Magnifique blog and it called out to me to scrap it. One of the elements I love about Nadia's sketches is that she incorporates layers in them and this one immediately perked me up and got my scrapping juices flowing again. Here's what I created using the rest of my stash of My Mind's Eye (Follow My Heart ) collection and Rhonna Designs (Kiss Me Border Kit). The link to C'est Magnifique is listed below if you'd like to drop by to see what the rest of the scrappers have done with the sketch.
Here's a little close up of the fussy cutting bird from Rhonna Designs.

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! i love all the fussy cutting and your elements! Stunning creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome, love all that fussy cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Joyce, this page is really beautiful. I love the way you have used the black lace, the little fussy cut bird in the corner, the doily, the hessian, all combined so beautifully, and then that perfect flower cluster across the bottom. By the look of this your scrapping mojo has returned, well I hope so. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout Joyce!! I agree the sketch was really inspirational and you have certainly been inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Joyce, this is just fantastic, I love the style of it. As usual, you include so many little thoughtful details and techniques. The black really holds down the sweetness. And I love the layering you've done with the different sized papers. I adore the way that peach ribbon drapes across the photo; it goes so well with the costume she is wearing. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Joyce - I can certainly see you've got your mojo back with a big bang! your page is gorgeous! was just wondering about those cute birdies, absolutely adore them! Love the photo and how the light filters down through the foliage, so beautiful! the luscious border and the turned up bit on the left are totally yummilicious! I also especially like how you have arranged the pretty seam binding. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black accents make everything stand out. The layout is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my...this is just beautiful!! great colors and design! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW Joyce...this layout is stunning....I am in love with the cluster in the right hand corner just superb!!
    so good to have you blogging again and showing us your fabulous creations!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is magnificent Joyce!! I stumbled across this from the C'est Magnifique blog, they are sponsoring us this month at CCG. So glad I found you because I just LOVE THIS!!!!! Super fine work, I love the contrast of black with your colors and the embellished bird perched on the paper is divine!!!!

    ReplyDelete