Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Shabby Chic Summer Place Junk Journal and new You Tube Channel


Summer’s over but I’m not quite done with it yet.
Today I'm sharing my shabby chic Summer Place Junk Journal. 
It’s stuffed with old things I used to hold dear:
a collage featuring an old ticket to a play I attended;
stained Battenburg doily;
Pansies I dried years ago and now have a home in my journal;
a letter from Grandma which included a dollar to buy ice cream on the way home from the neighborhood pool;
a post card from my favorite Pre-Raphaelite Artist;
and some music sheet to, “ A Summer Place” by Percy Faith. 
When I was a young child, my mom would play this song when she set up to oil paint
or do some chores.
Then and today, it still resonates with me.
I feel all is right in the world and it still brings a tear to my eye. 
I can't use my theme some to a Summer Place on YouTube, so I had to choose another classical piece of music to use in stead. Thanks for viewing with me.




All the chipboard, and linen fabric in the junk journal was treated with yummy, creamy Shimmerz Paints.

Let me tell you what I used.
Chipboard:
Acritonez-Three Sheets to the Wind
Inklingz – Pugnacious Purple, Precious Posey, and I Love you Onyxly
Shimmerz – Orchid-stra

Button:
Blingz- Gold Glimmer
Shimmer – Berry-licious

Coffee dyed paper and white linen fabric:   I combined the following two products to achieve a dusty lilac color.
Vibez- Princess
Shimmeringz-Heavy Metal


Some close ups.









Thanks for letting me share with you.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh!!! This is breathtaking!!! I could smell summer ... wow!!! You are an incredible artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely journal full of treasures. I love all the color and texture! Just gorgeous.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hate to say goodbye to summer. Your journal is a feast for the soul. I love that you use items that are personal to you. Wish I could see it in real time. Just a magnificent work of art. Keep smiling and creating. And YEAH on your first You tube! Well done indeed!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom and I used to watch A Summer Place with Tab Hunter. We always cried no matter how many times we had seen it together. I have a hard time listening to that piece now, because for my mom, those memories are no longer there. Enjoy it together with love, this is over the top romantic, soft and lovely, Char

    ReplyDelete