Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Friday, January 1, 2016

Exquisite Gown Series Continues...

Hello Friends!
  Here today to share the next gown with you. This photo came to me via Kathy Mosher, a Facebook Friend, and I was delighted to add it to the Exquisite Gown Series. Thank you Kathy for the inspiration!



 



The sketch from Thirst For Creativity helped make the page come alive. I used the jewel feature on the far right on the sketch attached to the circle element to add the detailed miniature clothes hanger that holds a tule and embroidered gown wrap which also helps form the horizontal element on the sketch. It's a pretty little feature, I think.




I don't have a small brick stencil so I used a Prima small brick stamp on top of a layer of light molding paste which was first applied on the paper. When you try this technique, make sure you allow the molding paste to set just a little bit before you apply your stamped image.  Otherwise, you may end up with a chunky application and lose your image.

This is a simple looking layout, and yet there are some very small elegant details in the photo that I tried to replicate to add some drama.

Here's the Thirst For Creativity Sketch #33 and you still have time to play the challenge. 



Thank you for dropping by and letting me share this gown with you too.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, I love how you used the brick wall from the picture in your background, and used the exact same colors, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning and I just love that particular colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it. Each layout is as beautiful as the next. They have the grace of the gowns and are just stunning. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so incredible beautiful! Love the bricks and all the details.
    I adore all your beautiful work and you are such an inspiration!!
    Happy New Year!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had the same idea with this pretty sketch...your interpretation is dreamy and so gorgeous...I LOVE those two colors together and the brick background is heavenly....xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have way way way too many favorites when it comes to your gown series... takes my breath away. wow

    ReplyDelete