Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Vintage Findings for the Word Challenge at Our Creative Corner

Hello everyone!  It's so good to be able to find some time for myself to create during my mom's convalescence which is coming along very well. She's out of the medical bed and into her own today. Yea!!!

I found this lovely challenge site, Our Creative Corner,  through one of my new Followers, "Butterfly".  It was the perfect pick me up to get me out of my creative slump.  The challenge is to create with Words, in any style you wish.  This gave me an opportunity to create using artist trading cards ("ATC") which I almost always incorporate quotes, songs, and thoughts.  And what better way to create with some Blue Fern Studios pieces that fit perfectly on an ATC.  After I finished the first one "keys", it came to mind that it looked like something vintage you would find in your great, great grandmother's trunk, and so the little collection is named, "Vintage Findings".  Those chipboard pieces were delish to create with.  If you don't already have some, I strongly recommend you pick some up soon. Or......come back to my blog at the end of month and win  some Blue Fern Studios chipboard with a "Give A Way" I will be offering.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look.



Some close ups:











22 comments:

  1. I find your work so interesting, While I'm staring with all the details of the art work little by little the the beauty comes out and I smiled. The art expresses something, saying something. It's really a work of love. The Rhinestones on it is really adorable. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning ATCs!! I love how you alter your chipboard pieces, each one looks amazing and the colours you used are so beautiful! Amazing to think that these little works of art are just the size of an ATC only.... Now I wonder what the story behind those bittersweet words is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning trio - with words that really set the imagination spinning. Gorgeous jewelled embellishing, and a wonderful subtle colour palette. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just gorgeous, Joyce, in your own beautiful and elegant style. I too am intrigued by the words and can feel your heartbreak :( So happy you got some time for yourself...thinking of you and your mom :)

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATCs are exceptionally beautiful! I kept going back to them and finding more and more detail... I too, wish I knew the story behind them. Thanks so much for joining in at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are exquisite, precious gems Joyce!! you should frame them and put them up on the wall for everyone to see! So glad your mum is on the road of recovery and you have a little breather. Thinking of you often! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so gorgeous, Joyce .. I'm drooling over the details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Joyce! ALL three of these are fabulous! Love all the shimmery eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is STUNNING! I adore all three! I love how vintage and delicate it is...I could look at them forever - Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous! The words are a change from the usual for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just amazing, Joyce! Your fine textures and tiny details are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, such gorgeous detailing in your work ... love them sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way the sparkle is so blingy and shimmery!Beautiful chippies,textures, colors!! Is that a cardinal feather?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Joyce! Love all the texture and details!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so beautiful Joyce! Congratulations on your OCC selection - these are absolutely stunning with exquisite detailing. Those words are intriguing too! Thank-you so much for stopping by my blog - I'm genuinely delighted to have found you and your beautiful work and to follow. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! You do beautiful work. Your sentiments are lovely as well.
    Joyce Akers

    ReplyDelete
  18. so beautiful card!
    you are nice works.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, dear Joyce, for being among the top three at "Our creative corner". Your ATC are so intricate and detailed, elegant and vintage, full of effects that made me want to maximize the images in order not to miss anything. I love the tiny rhinestones as they provide this certain bling to your beautiful ATC. I do hope, however, that these sweet but sad words do not reflect your state of soul...
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant and beautiful. I love the poetry, which conveys such a depth of feeling. It's like reading the first chapter of a book and you desperately want to finish the book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not only beautiful, but for some of us the words ring bitter sweet. Congratulations on the top three - I am not at all surprised!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete